The 6th edition of the European River Restoration Conference,
integrated with the
Final event of the SEE River project,
will be held from 27 - 29 October in TechGate in Vienna.
An optional one day field excursion will be organised to several inspiring locations nearby on 30 October.
The 2nd European Riverprize will be awarded in Vienna's City Hall on 28 October.
Key EU directives and communications such as the Water Framework Directive, the Floods directive, the Habitat Directive, the Birds Directive, Green Infrastructure, the Water Blueprint and the EU Biodiversity Strategy embrace the river restoration concept and provide the links to EU funding options to promote its' implementation.
The main challenge for the coming years is to improve the connection between river restoration thinking, best practice and science to stakeholders on local, regional, national and international levels.
This event will therefore:
- Bring people together to exchange knowledge and best practices on river restoration techniques and approaches;
- Show how to use river restoration as a cross-cutting solution in implementation cycles of EU key policy areas;
- Promote especially to other sectors river restoration implementation in integrative strategic contemporary river management focussing on the river corridor;
- Showcase approaches to stakeholder involvement in sustainable river corridor and basin management;
- Offer a platform to network with your colleagues from all over Europe, and beyond.